Haka Lodge Taupō is an up-market backpacker's hostel in central Taupō. Our ethos places the guest experience at the heart of everything we do. Come and stay in backpacker luxury with free unlimited WiFi and stunning views of Lake Taupō!
Haka Lodges are a modern New Zealand hostel network with fresh ideas, smart design and an eco outlook.
At Haka Lodge Taupō we offer a variety of up-market dormitory rooms for those travelling on a budget, and a wide range of private rooms for those who like their own space on the road.
We welcome international travellers from all over the world, which means you never know who you might get chatting to in our large comfortable lounge, sunny outdoor patio, and fully-equipped, modern kitchen!
The hostel has been set up by world travellers with all your backpacker needs in mind. We have fluffy pillows, plenty of power sockets, a volleyball / badminton court, barbecues, and super central location! We also know that your trip is about experiencing the beauty of New Zealand and our communal balcony with uninterrupted views across Lake Taupō to Mt Ruapehu and Mt Tongariro is a perfect place to relax after an adrenaline-filled day in Taupō.
We also have an in-house travel desk where our friendly staff can assist you with booking unmissable local activities such as the famous Tongariro crossing, legendary skydiving and the best Cultural Tours on offer. Please let us know when you book accommodation with us if you would like us to also pre-book your activities – this can avoid disappointment during busy seasons. Our staff are here to make your stay in Taupō a special time to remember
**The minimum age of guests is 18 years old**
1. Check in time is 14:00. If you arrive early, we offer free luggage storage until your room is ready.
2. Check out time is 10:00. If you fail to check out on time, you will be charged a $50 late check out fee to the credit card you checked in with.
3. Valid ID will be required at check in. Passports, driving licenses or government issues ID will be accepted.
The minimum age of guests is 18 years old
1. If the number of people in one room exceeds the number of beds paid for, Haka Lodge reserve the right to request payment for the extra guests and a trespass notice may be issued for everyone involved. In this case, no refund will be given.
2. Any damages to the room or Haka Lodge property will be charged to the credit card given on check in.
3.We accept moderate, social alcohol consumption on Haka Lodge premises, but management reserve the right to ask overtly intoxicated guests to leave the premises and refuse them future accommodation where deemed appropriate.
4. Alcohol may only be consumed in communal living areas, such the lounge, kitchen or outdoor deck area and we ask that most drinking be done by 10:30pm.
5. Drugs are not permitted on Haka Lodge premises.
6. Guests who set the fire alarm off with excess use of aerosol, use of matches or smoking cigarettes, will be charged the full fire service call out fee of $1500.
7. Smoking is not permitted indoors at Haka Lodge. Any customer found smoking indoors will be evicted and no refund will be given. Designated smoking areas may be available – please ask staff. We also do not allow ‘smoke-less cigarettes’ or e-cigarettes to be used indoors - please use these outdoors in our smoking area.
8. Violations of any of the above policies will result in immediate eviction with no ref.
Please note for all cancellations must be made directly at least 48 hours prior to your arrival date.