Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card on arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party, Sports Group If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Je moet de algemene voorwaarden accepteren om je reservering te bevestigen.
Beschrijving van de Accomodatie Inrichting
Hotel Mingood is excellently located on the fringe of the City of George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Excellent for Thai Visa Applicants. We are within 2 minutes walking distance of the city centre and you don't need to travel far to visit 'Chinatown', 'Little India', 'The Heritage Trail' or 'UPR Entertainment Centre' to feel Penang Passion Food and Cultural Heritage. A short walk down Penang Road takes you to 'Komtar', the city's premier landmark and shopping mall. Fine dinning and great Penang Food (local hawkers) are all available on your doorstep. In fact, Red Chef (Western cuisine) is just across the road . Even the Hard Rock Cafe is 30mins away by taxi. Located close to the chic part of town with excellent nightlife, surrounded by cafes, multi-ethnic restaurants, shops and the coolest bars & pubs. In fact ,the famous New World Park Food Court and Entertainment Centre is just 520 steps (a mere 5 minute walk)from the hotel.
From its spacious lobby and rooms, Mingood offers friendly and courteous service where our goal is to create a cosy atmosphere for an enjoyable and memorable stay. We are a 50 room hotel with spacious, air-conditioned rooms with attached bathrooms(bathtub, shower and toilet). All our rooms are equipped with cable/satellite TV (6 Astro Channels- StarSports, ESPN, StarMovies, BBC World, NHK Japan & Australia Network), Fridge, Personnel Electronic safe and IDD telephone . You will be well connected here, free fast wireless communications in all our rooms and common areas. You can access your Facebook, Twitter or Myspace at our Online hub at the lobby. We have rooms with 1 to 4 beds .Whatever your choice might be, you are assured of a high standard of comfort that will satisfy your every need.
A family owns and runs the hotel, with a warm welcoming staff who will ensure you experience a cosy homely stay that you will not forget.
After a hectic day out, relax yourself or chill out at our Roof Top Leisure Garden, write some postcards or read a book. You can even enjoy sun tanning or play some cards over a few drinks among friends and fellow hotel guests.
Hotel Mingood is a legal accommodation provider, approved by Tourism Malaysia and local authorities . A member of Malaysia Budget Hotel Association, Penang Hoteliers' Association, Penang Tourist Centre and an appointed ISIC accommodation provider.
The hotel is focused on providing value for money accommodations to all tourists and visitors, with room rates ranging from Malaysian Ringgit 80 to 160. Rates differ from time to time, depending mostly on seasons. The room inventory will allow us to manage small groups even at short notice. We are happy to assist in co-coordinating for transportation/transfers, city tours and other necessities which will make you or your guests' trip to Geroge Town, Penang more comfortable.
We provide Thai Visa application services and information.The Royal Thai Consulate in Penang is close on weekend (Sat & Sun) and all Malaysian and Thai public holidays. If you are on a visa run , avoid these dates.
Things to do while in Penang;
Penang lies just off the north western coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It was Britain's 1st settlement (Est.1786) in the region & for a short time was Malaya's capital before Singapore stole its thunder. Georgetown, the capital of Penang State, combines the best of past and present, East & West, as displayed by its diverse architecture & culture. Laid-back Georgetown is best seen as a walking tour : take your time and meander thru its back streets and discover some of its hidden treasures : Kuan Yin Temple, Kapitan Keling Mosque, Khoo Kongsi Clan House and much more. Pick up the 'Heritage Walking Map' and discover its beauty . Some of the 'must see' in George Town are :
* Penang Museum : The best presented museum in Malaysia. Excellent, well-labeled exhibits showcase Penang's history and historical figures, diverse cultures and more. Open from 9am to 5pm. Closed on Friday. Admission fee RM1.00
* Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Maison Bleu) : Cheong Fatt Tze (1840-1917), once dubbed as 'China's Rockefeller' by The New York Times, built a vast commercial empire in South East Asia, 1st in Indonesia, then in Singapore. He came to Penang in 1890 and continued his success, giving some of his spoils to build schools throughout the region. His mansion, where he lived with his eight wives was built between 1896 and 1904. Inside are lavish adornments : stained glass, crown moldings, gilded wood-carved doors, ceramic ornaments & seven staircases.
*Sri Mariamman Temple : A typical South Indian temple with its elaborately sculptured & painted superstructure (called 'Gopura' in hindu) represents Mt Meru - the cosmic mountain that supports the heavens-that rises above its shrine. Built in 1883 , this is Georgetown's oldest Hindu temple & testimony to the strong Indian influence you'll find in this predominantly Chinese town.
*Fort Cornwallis : Today , the battlement studded with old cannons are the only reminder of the fort that was built on the spot where Captain Francis Light first stepped ashore in 1786. Seri Rambai, the largest & most important cannon here is famed for its provocative powers - childless women are advised to place flowers in the barrel and offer it special prayers.
Outside of George Town, Penang Malaysia
Kek Lok Si Temple: On a hilltop at Air Itam, close to Penang Hill funicular station stands Malaysia's largest Buddhist temple. Construction started in 1890 & took over 20 years to complete. Its part of colorful Penang that definitely shouldn't be missed. Walk through the arcade of souvenir stalls, tightly packed turtle& fish ponds until you reach Ban Po Thar (Ten Thousand Buddhas Pagoda). A small donation will let you climb to the top of the 7-tiered, 30 Mtr high tower which in design is Burmese at the top, Chinese at the bottom & Thai in between. Open from 0900am to 6.00pm
Penang Hill: Escape the city heat & catch some amazing views of Georgetown from Penang Hill(821 Mtrs). There are gardens, tea stalls, an aviary tree-top canopy swinging bridge walk, a Hindu Temple & a mosque at the top. Penang Hill is at its best at dusk as Georgetown, far below starts to light up
Botanical Gardens: Also called the Monkey Gardens due to the many long-tailed Macaques that hang-out here. Within the gardens are orchid & palm houses & cactus gardens & sun rookery. A path leads to the top of Penang Hill./Open 05.00am to 8.00pm Admission is Free. There is a 4WD ride up to Penang Hill. Costs MYR15 to 25 per person. Bekijk huisregels
Controleer de beschikbaarheid
- Gratis internettoegang
- Gratis kaarten
- Gratis ontbijt
- Gratis parkeergelegenheid
- Air conditioning
- Kinderbedjes beschikbaar
- 24 uren receptie
- 24-uren beveiliging
- Tours / Reisdesk
Voer het wachtwoord in voor de account <% email %>